Popular Posts

Labels

Monday 11 February 2013

Dad Says..




Don't ask me , ask your mother.
Were you raised in a barn? Close the door.
You didn't beat me. I let you win.
Big boys don't cry
Don't worry It's only blood.
Don't you know any normal boys?
Now you listen to ME, Buster!
I'll play catch after I read the paper.
Coffee will stunt your growth.
A little dirt never hurt anyone--just wipe it off.
Get you elbows off the table.
I told you to keep your eye on the ball.
Who said life was supposed to be fair?
Always say please and thank you.
that way, you get more.
If you forget,
you'll be grounded till the end of the world.
You call that a haircut
"Hey" is for horses.
This will hurt me a lot more than it hurts you.
Turn off those lights
Do you think I am made of Money?
Don't give me any of your lip, young lady.
You call that noise "music".No we,re not there yet.
Shake it off. It's only pain.
When I was your age,
I treated My father with respect.
As long as you live under my roof,
you'll live by my rules.
I'll tell you why. Because I said so. That's why.
Do what I say, not what I do.
it up straight, Knucklehead!
So you think you're smart do you?
What's so funny? Wipe that smile off your face.
Young ldies perspire, they do not sweat.
If I've told you once
I've told you a thousand times.
You want something to do?
I'll give you something to do.
You should visit more often.
Your mother worries.
This is your last warning.
I'm not sleeping, I was watching that channel.
What keep those jeans of yours frm falling off?
I'm not just talking to hear my own voice. I knew how to cook,
when I was your age, young lady.
Don't take yourself seriously,
take what you do seriously!
Laugh at youself first,
you'll take the bite out of others doing so for you.
You're always a winner, if you lose with a smile.
In MY day...
Four things come not back:
time past, the spoken word, the sped arrow, 
and the missed opportunity.

You can want in one hand and spit in the other.
See which one fills up first.

If your friend jumped off a bridge would you? 
If, I didn't love you so much, i would't punish you..
I would let you do whatever you wanted.
You have things so easy.
When I was your age
I  had to walk a mile to school in 10 feet of snow,
up hill both ways!
If you want to catch a bird, you have to  put salt on it's tail.
You're only young once.
Life is a journey
and you've just reached one of the many
speed bumps to come.
Don't look at me in that tone of voice.
How many times
do I have to pound that into your head.
If you want to do something,
do it because YOU want to.
Don't do it because someone else did.
As long as you tried your very best,
that's all that matters.
If ifs and buts were candies and nuts
then we'd all have a merry Christmas.
Don't believe anything you hear,
and only half of what you see.
What part of NO don't you understand.
I could care less what everybody else is doing!
I'm not everybody else's father!
Put your head through the window
and the pain will be gone.
Worrying about things is like a rocking chair..
it give you something to do
but it doesn't get you anywhere.
I feel for you but I can't reach you from here.
If you're going to act dumb,
you've gotta be tough.
With anything in life,
it's hard to be good and easy to be very bad.
I got my tongue wrapped around my eye-tooth
and could't see what I was saying.
Hot chicks are like buses.
Just wait on the corner
and another one will come along.
Don't tell on anybody,
unless you tell on yourself first.
Enough is enough


 in spite of it all,

 you always know

YOU WILL ALWAYS BE

Your Daddy's little Girl 
******
****

No comments:

Post a Comment