Popular Posts

Labels

Monday 11 February 2013

Princess in my Heart A father's tribute to his daughter





Princess in my Heart-3
A father's tribute to his daughter
You are a princess in my heart,
I care for you oh so much.
I love the fondness in your eyes and in your tender touch.
I looked at you when you were born,
and I could not but laugh.
I knew right then, right straight away,
that I would be forever here
to watch you grow and play.
You bring to me a heart of joy,
and memories so great;
a powerful sense of fatherhood,
that no one can debate.
I’ve watched you sleep and dream,
of things, that I can only wonder.
That innocent look upon your face,
it just made my heart grow fonder.
To see you run, and jump, and shout, while calling out my name;
I knew no love that I'd  ever know could ever feel 
the same.
No suffering, nor tragedy, nor deeply searing pain;
could ever overshadow the bond that we retain.
And you are still my princess;
so before you go to sleep,
Remember I am your daddy and I am yours to keep=Forever.
©Al (Alex-Alexander)D. Girvan. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment